Chicken coop opener VIDEO
This is the long awaited chicken coop opener! It is not automatic though...need some help from any engineers out there. It's made this from an old cordless drill. I took the drill apart, basically just leaving the motor in the drill housing. The battery, trigger, and forward/reverse switch were all disconnected and I spliced in speaker wire (because that's what I had a big ball of) so that I could run the battery and switch to the house. The drill is low voltage, so the wire handled it just fine. Now when the chickens start calling (recently it's been about 6:30 am) I can grab the switch and push the button.
I'd like to make it automatic like I said above. There is one commercially available:
http://www.flytesofancy.co.uk/acatalog/VSB_Door_Opener.html#aVSBPUL
But they're not cheap! I will try to put a light sensor in or a digital timer or something... I'm still working on it. Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The last part of the video made me jump!
Hey, I had never thought of a coop door opener...very cool idea. I'm working on finishing our coop this weekend, so I'll add the coop opener idea to the list!
The pictures of your garden looks great! Lot's of veggies this summer - yummmmmm!
-Dave
Post a Comment